Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Step #3: Hobby Hustlin'

So now we're on Step 3 of my 12-Step Urban Addiction Recovery Program. Experts will tell you that one way to become a happier person is to get a hobby! Take a moment to think about what you do with your time (minus work). Now go a step further and write it down. What's on your list? Eating out? Watching TV? Shopping? Is there anything on the list that enhances your life or is helping you realize your lifelong dream??? If not, you need to get a good hobby ASAP! Some of you may not know where to start. Think about things that interest you. Do you like to write? Or maybe you like to dance?

Or maybe you already have something that you know you want to begin to master. Have you been telling yourself you want to learn another language. What's stopping you? Here's the answer: NOTHING! but yourself. There's no time like the present. All it takes is a little research to find out what resources are available in your area. You can take a class on absolutely anything these days: sewing, knitting, creative writing, dance, pottery, sculpture, singing, trapeze, cooking, hairstyling and on & on.

Now once you find a hobby you love you can then use your new passion to start your own biz & bring in extra cash. Forget about a part-time job, invest in yourself! That's the key to independent wealth. Any hobby can be turned into a marketable commodity. I personally LOVE fashion & creating. I always wanted to learn how to sew so last year I had a light-bulb moment to pursue my dream. It took me literally five mins on Google to find a fantastic sewing school. Now a year later I have expanded my growing fashion apparel line, HEIRESS APPAREL to include handmade, one-of-a-kind pieces. The talent was lying dormant within, but imagine if I had never tapped into it.

What is it that you have always had the desire to do? In future posts I will feature popular classes in various metropolises that might interest you. If you are looking for a specific topic email me at shelbyrenee@blackheiress.com & I'll find it for you! Or if you're already hobby hustlin' send me an email so we can feature your talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment