Monday, January 11, 2010

Swingin' in Nashville: Restaurant Week Begins TODAY!


Greetings urbanistas & urbanistos! If you're in Nashville this week make sure to take advantage of Nashville Originals Restaurant Week. This week only you can enjoy a two, three or FOUR course meal at some of Nashville's finest eateries including Bound'ry, Cabana, Germantown Cafe, The Pineapple Room @ Cheekwood, F. Scott's & many, many more for only $20.10 or $30.10 per person. For a complete list and more info please CLICK HERE.

Swingin' is Step #7 of my 12-Step Urban Addiction Recovery Plan, which simply means throwing "brand loyalty" out of the window. We tend to be habitual creatures & this often gets us caught into a pattern of doing the same things & patronizing the same businesses for years (even if we're dissatisfied) b/c we're so afraid of change or shaking things up. The thought of trying a new restaurant, hair salon or even laundry detergent is unimaginable b/c we're so "loyal" to a brand/establishment that may be robbing us blind and possibly not even giving us the level of quality of service/goods we could get elsewhere for LESS MONEY! This is why I've adopted a mindset of "brand swingin." I'm all about getting the best bang for my buck. Sure I love my hair stylist, aesthetician, tailor, etc but they all know that I'm always looking for the best deal. As a result they work harder to make sure that I receive the best service b/c they don't want to lose my business. I'm not suggesting that you go to your next hair appt demanding that you leave looking like Beyonce or you're finding a new stylist! All I'm saying is don't ignore the freebie being offered at the salon next door if it's going to save you some cash. Then you can always go back to your regular stylist...hence the term "swingin." It's all biz...never personal :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment