Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Viva (No) Lost Wages! Stuntin' on the Vegas Strip on a Budget...

Greetings Urbanites!

I hope every1 enjoyed a fantastic July 4th celebration, if you're here in the U.S. For those abroad, I hope you had a very Happy Monday.

I'm finishing my holiday celebration in America's playground, Las Vegas. I'm proud to say that this entire trip only cost me $200! How did I manage that you say? Keep reading for my personally tested travel tips:

1. Frequent Flyer Miles = Spontaneous Jetsetting
Using my miles, I was able to book a last minute flight for only a $2.50 processing charge. I advise each of you to sign up for a frequent flyer rewards account for EVERY and I mean EVERY airline you ever fly. If you don't you're simply cheating yourself b/c the airline is gettin' your $$$ either way. It's not too late to repent for past sins (metaphor seems appropriate given my current locale). Most airlines will allow you to apply past trips up to the past year to redeem credits towards your account.

2. Discount travel sites
I've been luxuriating at one of the most popular 4-star resorts on the Las Vegas Strip for a whopping $94/night. How do you ask? HOTWIRE! I can't sing enough praises about this site. I've booked hotels all over the country & haven't had one bad experience. Plus, they've even issued me "Hot Dollars" for future use on a few occasions when my travel plans changed at the last minute. Yes, it's true that you don't find out the hotel until post-purchase, but that's actually part of the fun for me. The trick is searching by a zip code in your desired location, checking the appropriate star-rating (3+ stars) and voila...you're living the glamorous life for a fraction of the cost.

But I must say, the highlight of this trip has been my helicopter tour of the Hoover Dam & the Grand Canyon. Def a must do the next time you're in these parts. Get away from the debauchery of the Strip & enjoy God's majesty. Here are a few aerial pics I'd like to share w/ you from the experience...

Hoover Dam


Lake Mead


Grand Canyon

1 comment:

  1. Need help in understanding comprehensive coverage? Are you unsure of your state's liability insurance requirements? For answers to all of your insurance questions visit our Insurance Center.
    Click here To More......

    ReplyDelete