Friday, July 30, 2010

Shopping Diets: Wear 6 Items or Less for a month?



So there's a new global movement to encourage people to go on "shopping diets" to "tame the urge to buy."Tamsin Davies of London (pictured above) and her friend Heidi Hackemer, a Manhattan advertising executive, wore just six items of clothing for a month.

Ok, now I'm all for "trimming the fat" but not sure if I could ever do this. I don't know, maybe b/c I think it's just downright triflin. Now you know these folks weren't washing the six items after every wear. I ain't buying that. There's 7 days in a week so can you at least make the restriction enough items to not have to repeat pieces in the same week? I'm just saying... But if you have the willpower & due diligence to do laundry EVERY night then go for it! Let me know how that works out for you...

Peep the vid for more deets:

1 comment:

  1. LMAO! When I started reading your post I was thinking the same thing. Then I started trying to figure out how I would do that? I would at least need 7 different tops and I can possibly rotate 3 bottoms. But only 6 items is a bit suspect.

    ReplyDelete